- Criminal Defense
Felix Valenzuela grew up in northeast El Paso and graduated from Andress High School. He then went on to pursue higher education at the University of Texas at El Paso ("UTEP"), graduating cum laude. Thereafter, he received his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was an editor for the Yale Journal of Law and the Humanities and a William S. Beinecke Scholar. Felix also received a Masters Degree in Political Science from the University of Notre Dame, where he was selected as the Joseph L. Gaia Distinguished Fellow in Latino Studies. While at Notre Dame, he also worked as an associate attorney for the Merino Law Firm, specializing in criminal law, family law, and immigration issues. Felix then returned home to El Paso, Texas and served as a law clerk for United States Federal Judge Philip R. Martinez. In 2013, the El Paso Young Lawyers Association selected Felix as the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the year.
Since 2007, Felix has been an itinerant core faculty member of UTEP's Law School Preparation Institute, where he taught legal reasoning and provided instruction on the Law School Admissions Test. He has also taught various courses at UTEP, including Social Media and the Law, Courts in Action, and Philosophy of Law.
Felix is daddy to three daughters and spends his free time shuttling them back and forth from swim meets to piano lessons.
- Yale Law School, Juris Doctor
- University of Notre Dame, Master of Arts in Political Philosophy
- University of Texas, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Federal Bar Association, El Paso Chapter, Executive Board Member
- George A. McAlmon American Inns of Court, Member
- El Paso Mexican American Bar Association (MABA), Board Member
- El Paso Bar Association, Board Member
- El Paso Young Lawyers Association (EPYLA) Board Member
- State Bar of Texas Committee on Law-Focused Education, Board Member
- State Bar of Texas Texas Minority Attorney Program Committee, Committee Member
- State Bar of Texas Texas Minority Counsel Program Steering Committee, Committee Member
- University of Texas at El Paso Alumni Association Executive Board Member
- Stanlee and Gerald Rubin Center for the Visual Arts Director’s Circle Member
- Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce Leadership El Paso Class 37
- YMCA of El Paso, Executive Board Member
- Law School Preparation Institute Advisory Board, Board Member
- Yale Day of Service, Regional Director
- Yale Club of El Paso, President